Dr. David HAKIZIMANA re-elected Rwanda Taekwondo Federation President
Members of Rwanda Taekwondo Federation (RTF) have backed Neurosurgeon, Dr. David
Hakizimana to lead them in the next four years after voting for him during an extraordinary
general assembly held on Saturday, November 27, 2021 at Five to Five Hotel, Kigali.
Dr. David Hakizimana was contesting for the top position against Mr Bimenyimana Pierre
Celestin, but the latter pulled out of the race on the Election Day.
Dr. Hakizimana who leaded the Federation since its establishment in 2010 until 2018, won the
elections unopposed with 25 out of 25 votes.
After the elections, he thanked the federation’s members for their trust and called for their
support to develop Rwandan Taekwondo.
Dr. Hakizimana replaces outgoing BAGABO Placide who resigned in September 2021.
The newly elected committee members are:
- President: Dr. David HAKIZIMANA
- Vice President: Mugorewase Elysee Fabrice
- Secretary General: Mbonigaba Boniface
- Treasurer: NKWIRO Patrick
- Advisors: RUTERANA Gilbert and UWANYIRIGIRA Marceline
- Audit committee: NIRINGIYIMANA Jean Claude, HAKIZIMANA Robert na NYANDWI
- Disputes Resolution committee: BAGIRE Alain Irene, HABIMANA Eric na BIMENYIMANA